Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Monkey See. Monkey Do.

It has been weeks since the last time I blogged and I blame that all on Ava being sick, Daddy coming home from work, Spring Pilgrimage, Presley's Spring Break, and Mommy just way too busy to sit down and blog! Life is WONDERFULLY busy right now at the Knapp house! Ava was sick for weeks it seems like and I never thought I'd get the child better. Two days after finishing her antibiotic from being sick with an ear infection, hand foot and mouth, and thrush, she started running fever again that Saturday morning! We had JUST finished "pink medicine". I mean, come on sickness LEAVE my child!!! My inlaws were really worried about her and convinced me into taking her to the After Hours Clinic that Saturday. NEVER AGAIN I PROMISE!!! My mother in law even went with me which was WONDERFUL!!!! I was told Ava had an infiltration in the left middle lobe of her lung which pretty much means pneumonia, so I'm told. The weren't even going to look at her ears, nose, mouth, NOTHING! Just listened to her for a minute and chest xrays! I just wasn't believing this! My kid DID NOT have pneumonia! By the way, have you mothers out there ever had to wear that HEAVY HEAVY apron thing while the child gets xrayed?? Well, I did and I had to hold Ava while she stood screaming thru the xrays! I felt like I was NINE months pregnant and fighting a one year old screaming! I was panting when we were done! I thought it was just the same ear infection that had not cleared up so I was certain we would be going to "our pediatrician" on Monday morning to check this infiltration thing out so they called it! And so, we DID! No pneumonia, but Ava did have the same ear infection and also was wheezing when she coughed so we got new antibiotics, up-ed her Xyzal medicine, and started breathing treatments again! Which all worked!!!! She is all better and done with ALL MEDICINE! Thank you Jesus! Now, sickness, stay away for a while please! For a LONG while!

Monkey See Monkey Do is my title because I missed blogging for Ava turning FIFTEEN months on March 10th. She mimics (or tries to) everything we do! The other night I was pretending to run fast down the hall stomping my feet and here comes Ava in the hall stopped stomping her feet "hurrying" is what we call it and it's so FUNNY!!!!! Her Daddy and Presley laugh so hard at her! She is quite the character these days. She walks around the house growling and says BOO and HEY like she's talking on the phone when she hears mine ring! She says thank you in some sorta way. She loves to read books! I mean LOVES it! Insists on looks at our photo albums on the coffee table of their T.G. McCary pictures and our wedding pictures. She loves to play with the shape sorter! She is terrible about throwing food (gets in trouble at school I hear) and she can throw really well. She slaps in the face (only me) when she gets mad at me! She's tiny for her age! She is still only NINETEEN pounds! She goes next week for her FIFTEEN month checkup and I will post her "stats" then! The child has been NINETEEN pounds for MONTHS! She is really walking around GREAT. She's getting much faster and soon I'm thinking she'll be running all over the place. She loves sliding down her slide backwards which I guess is good because she lands on her feet and pops right back up! Her most favorite "thing" she is constantly saying is "uh uh uh" (however you spell it) and it drives me crazy! I'm like come on girl, spit it out! Talk to me, not uh uh uh!!!! Let's use WORDS!!!! She has gotten really good at pointing to her nose when asked and now she knows where her ears are (thanks to Daddy)! She's been slow learning this stuff! For months all she would do was point to her mouth everytime I said nose! Slow learner I guess! Lol!

Presley and I have been busy since Spring Pilgrimage started. We are doing the Pageant twice a week and don't get home until 9:30. I'll post pictures later of Presley dressed up! She LOVES doing this! I have been busy with Candle Light Dinners and Hostessing for my Garden Club duties! I'm sure my husband is ready to kill me for all my volunteering! But I just keep telling myself that it's ALMOST over!! Thank God!

I think Spring is finally here and we have really been enjoying the beautiful weather outside! Presley and Ava both love being outside and I do too as long as it's WARM! Go away winter, come on SUMMER time flip-flop, beach, pool weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Jessica.
© Copyright 2010. All Rights Reserved.